The second International Conference on Risk Perception, Communication and Ethics of Exposures to Ionising Radiation (RICOMET 2016) is being held from the 1st to 3rd of June 2016 in Bucharest, Romania.
This second edition aims to discuss the opportunity to develop a transdisciplinary approach of radiation protection research, combined to social sciences and humanities. The focal points of this year's conference are:
- the proposal of a Strategic Research Agenda (SRA) on social sciences and humanities in radiation protection ;
- the policy making related to different applications of ionizing radiation.
RICOMET 2016 is organised under the auspices of 4 Euratom projects,
PLATENSO . IRSN takes part in this major event by its strong involvement in three of these projects (EAGLE, OPERRA and CONCERT) and by its intervention in several sessions.
The conference continues the dialogue started by RICOMET 2015 on social and ethical issues. It permits to bring together the stakeholders - technical platforms representatives such as NERIS, EURADOS, ER-ALLIANCE and MELODI, policy decision makers, experts or representatives of informed civil society – so as to think about an improved radiological risk governance.
1. Enhancing Education, Training And Communication Processes For Informed Behaviors And Decision-Making Related To Ionizing Radiation Risks
2. Open Project for the European Radiation Research Area
3. European Joint Programme for the Integration of Radiation Protection Research
4. Platform for Enhanced Societal Research related to nuclear energy in Central and Eastern Europe