17 organizations are involved in the level 2 PSA (PSA2) Work Package of SARNET. Main topics of this work package are methods comparison, improvement and harmonization within Europe.
The work package is organized into three sub work packages, which concern:
- Classical methods for level 2 PSA development,
- Methods to assess uncertainties,
- Dynamic reliability methods.
Progress work for the different tasks, defined as parts of these work packages, are presented. Thus, comparison of partners’ approaches is briefly presented on the following topics:
- Objectives and requirements, scope of the study
- Level 1 / level 2 PSA interface,
- Accident progression event tree,
- Assessment of systems and human actions,
- Assessment of physical events (more details are given in a companion paper),
- Assessment of radioactive releases,
- Uncertainties assessment.
Besides, work done to compare specifically two different level 2 PSA for VVER-440/213 reactors is also commented in a few words. Possible complementary methods for uncertainties assessment are shortly reviewed.
Finally, work undertaken in the field of dynamic reliability methods and the associated perspectives is described (more details on the state of the art on methods are given in a companion paper). Some improvement needs are deduced and those retained for deeper analysis in the frame of following period of SARNET are identified.