Several IRSN research programmes contribute to areas one and three of the work performed in the Eccorev framework, especially
For area 1 "Morphogenesis, natural risks and climate variability"
IRSN is particularly interested in
- hydrological risks, with the participation of the Opera observation network of the LERCM (Laboratory for Continental and Marine Radioecological Studies)
- seismic risks through Berssin (Seismic Risk Assessment Bureau for Facilities Safety)
- erosion, flows and morphogenesis, through contributions by the Carma and Extrema projects
For area 3 "Ecodynamics and Environmental Toxicology"
The IRSN is focusing especially on the theme of the sensitivity of ecosystems to toxic substances: pollutant ecodynamics, risk assessment, sensitivity of living organisms to pollutant toxicity (adaptation and conversion mechanisms of toxic substances, impact and how toxic substances attack living organisms) and environmental modelling.
current projects contributing to the work:
Participation of the laboratories :
- LERCM (Laboratory for Continental and Marine Radioecological Studies)
- LRE (Laboratoire de radioécologie et d'écotoxicologie)
- LME (Environmental Modelling Laboratory)